The Nick Traina Foundation (NTF) supports organizations involved in the diagnosis, research, treatment, and/or family support of manic-depression, and other forms of mental illness, suicide prevention, child abuse and children in jeopardy, and provides assistance to struggling musicians in the areas of mental illness. The NTF may give special consideration to proposals that address manic-depression in children and young adults.
Grants are awarded to organizations with IRS §501(c)(3) classification. These non-profit organizations can apply for one grant each calendar year. Unfortunately, requests for grants from private individuals cannot be considered.
Organizations must be located within 6 Bay Area counties: San Francisco, Marin, Contra Costa, Alameda, San Mateo and Santa Clara. NTF has a strong preference for smaller organizations (Total annual revenues between $750,000 and $8 million). Grant proposals should include the following information:
- The purpose of your organization, including a description of its history and mission and the population that your organization serves.
- The reason for your grant request, including the amount requested, and how the funds will be used.
- Indicate whether your request is seeking general support for your organization or support for a specific project. If seeking project support, please include the duration of the project and submit a financial plan for the project.
- A copy of your IRS letter indicating your organization’s non-profit, tax-exempt status.
- A copy of your most recent annual report including the last two years’ financial statements.
Please do not submit other materials at this time (including CD’s and audio/video tapes). Depending upon your organization’s proposal, we may ask you to provide this information after the initial review. We also ask that you submit one original proposal and one copy of the proposal that is not stapled.
Grant proposals will be reviewed and evaluated by the Board of Directors and the Advisory Board. The NTF holds its Board Meetings four times a year, and proposals are accepted on a rolling basis. The NTF awards various types of grants and is open to receiving proposals that request varying amounts of funding.
All organizations will be informed in writing of the decision of the NTF. Before awarding any grant, the NTF may request additional information including a more detailed proposal and/or past financial statements. At the discretion of the Board, a grant proposal may be returned at any time during the process or it may be declined without further consideration.
The Nick Traina Foundation is not an information and/or referral source.
At this time, we are not accepting grant proposals via our website. Due to the overwhelming amount of proposals received, we are focusing on those proposals from the San Francisco Bay Area only at this time.
To submit a grant proposal, please mail it to the following address:
The Nick Traina Foundation
P.O. Box 470427
Thank you for your interest in THE NICK TRAINA FOUNDATION. If we can be of further assistance, please feel free to contact us.